Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend Post #2 - The Reality Check-In

So, it's Sunday night and I am preparing to make my first sojourn to the unemployment office. I have already filed online for benefits, now I need to go n and claim them and see if I qualify. I plan to have my list of jobs applied for available, learn how to fill out the paperwork, have my networking cards handy...Networking cards you say? What are those?

Glad you asked...Basically they are a mini-resume in the size of a business card. now I chose to make mine out of table tents since they fold to the same size but give me twice the space for data. All I need to do is take a picture, and add it to the template, do a little cut and paste and I can start printing them out. For those who may be in the same boat, I recommend them...if for no other reason than to give yourself a little project that helps you move forward. The Avery 5302 cards are what I used and they provide a free MS Word template on their website. Very nice and should help get my info into more people's hands.

So, what does this mean, well hopefully it means that I have the ability to collect my first unemployment check and get some info on how to follow up with the government jobs. If all goes well, I may be able to pursue what I've already looked at a bit more this week. That would be nice. As much as I like the freedom, the financial security is nice too. will give the first impressions tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment